There are many compelling reasons to lease equipment. Implementing a leasing strategy provides benefits that both CIOs and CFOs can agree upon.
- Keep up-to-date equipment in place with a built-in refresh strategy
- Retrieve and download information regarding your leased assets online
- Gain flexibility to upgrade technology to meet your changing needs
- Simplify asset disposal – just return the equipment to your lessor
- Reduce total cost of ownership
- Manage cash flow and budgets
- Keep debt off your balance sheet and improve your performance ratios
- Conserve working capital and keep lines of credit intact
- Eliminate book write-downs at the end of the equipment’s useful life
- Lease payments may be 100% deductible as an operating expense (please review this with your accountant)
Download research from technology analyst IDC to read about the most common reasons companies choose to lease technology.